Visitor Experience Team Lead
Job Posting – Maternity Leave
Visitor Experience Team Lead – STA has intensified its focus on the Stratford visitor experience. The Visitor Experience Lead / Information Ambassador has full responsibility for the quality of customer service to ultimately tailor more meaningful, higher quality personal interactions. Customized, responsive, and consistent service - whether it be in person, by phone, or digitally - is key to a streamlined and memorable visitor experience. This dedicated one-year role is critical to continued improvement in high-end concierge style services in Stratford for 2019 and beyond.
The Stratford Tourism Alliance (STA) is the leading not-for-profit marketing tourism organization with a mandate to develop and promote “Destination Stratford”and its regional partners. The STA works with hundreds of creative and innovative Stratford and regional businesses to welcome thousands of visitors from all over the globe.
- At Stratford Tourism we look for every opportunity to celebrate the STA thematic pillars of Food, Play, Music, and Art, as well as the destination of Stratford overall.
- Stratford Tourism’s personality is friendly, energetic, youthful, and light-hearted. While we are serious about our passion for Food, Art, Music, and Play; we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- Our overall goal is to position Stratford as a modern, cultural, and culinary year-round destination.
The Visitor Experience Team Lead will set the bar for delivering exceptional and consistent front-line service for all visitors interacting with STA. In support of the STA strategic goal focused on a memorable, exceptional Visitor Experience, the Visitor Experience Team Lead will assist with HR grant applications, interview, select and manage Information Ambassadors, summer staff and volunteers (including scheduling and reporting) and provide training, motivation and accountability to ensure standards of excellence are upheld.
- Primarily weekdays between 10am until 6pm (possibility of full/part-time positions available)
- Flexibility as may be agreed upon to ensure front of house coverage
- Possibility that this placement will lead to full-time position
As one of Canada’s favoured travel destinations, Stratford is home to North America’s largest repertory theatre company, has the largest parkland per capita in the country, and offers renowned shopping and culinary excellence.
Stratford Tourism Alliance is located in the heart of the vibrant downtown core at 47 Downie Street across from the Queen of the Square, Stratford’s spectacular City Hall.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
Working in one of Canada’s favoured travel destinations; with a dynamic team and the opportunity to provide an exceptional visitor experience for thousands of people. Why wouldn’t you apply? To express your interest, please forward a cover letter and CV. Applications accepted until Tuesday April 23rd, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.