- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Samsonite
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Distill
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Bradshaws
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Touchmark
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: MacLeod's Scottish Shop
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Grace the Boutique
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Wills & Prior
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Resonance
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Rhéo Thompson Candies
- Vincent Michael Stacey - Chef, Pazzo Pizzeria
- Dee Christensen - Owner, The Planet Diner
- Jamie Crosby - Chef De Cuisine, The Prune
- Heather MacArthur - Owner/ Culinary Creative, Grounded
- Jeremy Hayton - Chef, The Mill Stone Restaurant & Bar
- Ryan O'Donnell - Executive Chef Windsor Hospitality, Mercer Kitchen + Beer Hall + Hotel, The Prune, York Street Kitchen, Bar 151
- Trena Hough - Owner, The Pulp Fresh Bar
- Jill Thorpe - Kitchen Manager, York Street Kitchen
- Suzi Svetlana Christensen - Chef/Co-Owner, The Planet Diner
- Meaghan Evely - Saucier, Pazzo Taverna
- Kris Schlotzhauer - Chef/Owner, AO Pasta
- Introducing Stratford's #nextgen Chefs
- Stratford Spring Adventure: Explore the Chocolate, Bacon and Ale Trails
- Live music creates memories and magic. Special experiences are waiting for you.
- Secrets of Stratford Revealed. Press Play to See For Yourself!
- Find yourself in a world of creativity
- Passion for Food and Fun
- Innovation and Boundless Creativity
- Meet Stewart - Top 5 Stratford Series - Zany Gifts
- Meet Elizabeth - Top 5 Stratford Series - Guy Gifts
- Meet Amanda - Top 5 Stratford Series - Local Gifts
- Meet Alex - Top 5 Stratford Series - Host Gifts
- Meet Renee - Top 5 Stratford Series - Vegan
- Meet Erin - Top 5 Stratford Series - Charcuterie
- Meet Pamela - Top 5 Stratford Series - Entertaining
- Meet Mark - Top 5 Stratford Series - Beverages
Meet Alex - Top 5 Stratford Series - Host Gifts
Posted under Top 5 Stratford Series on Nov 16, 2018
Top 5 Host Gifts that are better than wine!
Meet Alex, Owner Operator of The Farm Juice Co. producing small batch organic cold-pressed juices. Alex and her partner, Ryan often host guests and believe the simplest ingredients prepared and presented well are always the most impressive. When entertaining Alex always tries to demonstrate that healthy eating can be beautiful, fun and delicious. Here are her Top 5 gifts for hosts that will elevate their next gathering. When they decided to leave Toronto, they chose Stratford, a smaller community with an interesting food scene. They feel so grateful to have made it our home. They are passionate about supporting local businesses and are honoured to be a part of this vibrant community. Based on the belief that food is about community, health and sustainability Alex sells her product at like-minded Stratford businesses including revel, Edisons, The Green Hair Spa, The Yoga Chapple.
If your hosts have a baby or child I would absolutely recommend Miss Moon; Wise Words from a Dog Governess. This book is written and illustrated by Stratford resident Janet Hill and imparts twenty important lessons we all (furry or not) should learn. It is special to me with a new baby and several four-legged pets. If no babes are in the house you can never go wrong gifting a gorgeous cook book from Fanfare Books. I am currently savouring Ship to Shore by the late John Bil. Good cook books strike the perfect balance of inspiring recipes, mouth watering pictures and educating the reader.
Distill has a gorgeous collection of well-crafted Canadian designs. Their small curated selection of ceramics, prints and fabrics always make it difficult for me to choose my favourite. This season I would gift the one-of-a-kind Marianne Chenard Syrup Bottle. It is the perfect functional piece to add a Canadiana feel to your brunch table. Pair it with a tin of local maple syrup. Sweet!
Chemex has mastered design and function. It makes the perfect clean, rich flavourful cup of coffee and looks really sophisticated when serving coffee to others. Complete the package with a bag of revel’s direct trade coffee ground for the Chemex and a box of filters ensuring the gift is easy to use for your host.
Stuart Arkett’s honey, preserves from Pickles Eh (dilly carrots and turnips), local cheese and Italian olives are my favs. Chances are your host appreciates good food and any foodie loves thoughtful products that will make hosting their next event or snack easier.
Any of tea sommelier, Karen's selection or sampling kits are a treat to receive and fun to give. These teas literally made me reconsider tea as a pleasurable and nourishing beverage (I never drank teas before these!) Karen and staff are extremely knowledgeable and will help you find the perfect blend for your host. Ginger rooibos, peppermint or classic Canadian breakfast are my current favourites.
Enjoy giving Alex's awesome host gifts while building fabulous friendships. What are your favourite Stratford gifts to give to hosts?