- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Samsonite
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Distill
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Bradshaws
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Touchmark
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: MacLeod's Scottish Shop
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Grace the Boutique
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Wills & Prior
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Resonance
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Rhéo Thompson Candies
- Vincent Michael Stacey - Chef, Pazzo Pizzeria
- Dee Christensen - Owner, The Planet Diner
- Jamie Crosby - Chef De Cuisine, The Prune
- Heather MacArthur - Owner/ Culinary Creative, Grounded
- Jeremy Hayton - Chef, The Mill Stone Restaurant & Bar
- Ryan O'Donnell - Executive Chef Windsor Hospitality, Mercer Kitchen + Beer Hall + Hotel, The Prune, York Street Kitchen, Bar 151
- Trena Hough - Owner, The Pulp Fresh Bar
- Jill Thorpe - Kitchen Manager, York Street Kitchen
- Suzi Svetlana Christensen - Chef/Co-Owner, The Planet Diner
- Meaghan Evely - Saucier, Pazzo Taverna
- Kris Schlotzhauer - Chef/Owner, AO Pasta
- Introducing Stratford's #nextgen Chefs
- Stratford Spring Adventure: Explore the Chocolate, Bacon and Ale Trails
- Live music creates memories and magic. Special experiences are waiting for you.
- Secrets of Stratford Revealed. Press Play to See For Yourself!
- Find yourself in a world of creativity
- Passion for Food and Fun
- Innovation and Boundless Creativity
- Meet Stewart - Top 5 Stratford Series - Zany Gifts
- Meet Elizabeth - Top 5 Stratford Series - Guy Gifts
- Meet Amanda - Top 5 Stratford Series - Local Gifts
- Meet Alex - Top 5 Stratford Series - Host Gifts
- Meet Renee - Top 5 Stratford Series - Vegan
- Meet Erin - Top 5 Stratford Series - Charcuterie
- Meet Pamela - Top 5 Stratford Series - Entertaining
- Meet Mark - Top 5 Stratford Series - Beverages
Meet Elizabeth - Top 5 Stratford Series - Guy Gifts
Posted under Top 5 Stratford Series on Nov 26, 2018
Top 5 Cool Gifts for Guys!
Meet Elizabeth. Elizabeth has a handle on what guys like raising two boys. She is the impetus behind the annual "Hops and Heels" fundraiser and keeps the community informed with an "Eye on Stratford".
Local Brews and Spirits gift pack: My number one gift for a guy, as long as he drinks beer and liquor, would be a selection of easy drinking beers from Black Swan and Jobsite Brewing companies, and a bottle of spirits from Junction 56. I would recommend Roadtrip or EPA from Black Swan and the 2 x 4 Cream Ale or the Wrong Nail Amber Ale from Jobsite. Both breweries offer growlers to go. Jobsite’s bright clever orange bottle mimics a construction cone! The Vodka or Gin from Junction 56 would be a safe bet for any guy, but to spice things up a bit for the holidays try the Moonshine and include their own recipe card for a Moonshine Sour – it’s delicious!
Giving the man in your life quality shaving products for a gift would be personal and much appreciated. The Beard Envy Kit (for moustaches too!) for just $41 is a big seller, according to owner of The Artful Badger, Derek Reid. If your guy is a little more adventurous, give him an Edwin Jagger Shaving Set and Stand. You get a gorgeous safety razor, a pure badger-hair shaving brush and a matching stand with chrome plated trim. They also have a lovely line of aftershave lotion, beard balm, shave cream and cologne by Truefitt & Hill in a variety of scents. I think 1804 smells divine, however Derek says Sandalwood is the most popular.
Give his boring sock drawer a shock of colour and whimsy with some funky dress socks! White Balmer Shoes carries a great selection of Socksmith and McGregor brands for men ranging from $10 to $18 per pair. If he has a hobby, a favourite sport, drink or pet, there are socks to match! Co-owner Pat White says he can’t keep the men’s socks stocked quick enough as they are at a great price-point for gifts. They even had cannabis, buffalo plaid, a football field, and flamingo patterned socks. Some socks are made from bamboo and others are a blend of cotton and nylon. Fill up his stocking with…well, stockings!
If your dad, brother, uncle or son likes to golf then an afternoon at the golf simulator at the Stratford Country Club would be an awesome gift! There are two rooms, each equipped with a huge floor to ceiling screen where up to 4 people can play a round of 18 holes on a course of their choosing. You can also order food and beverages from Bogey’s lounge. The cost is $40 an hour (plus taxes), and you generally need 4 hours for 18 holes. Or you can buy a gift certificate in any amount and it can be used for any sport, service or food at the club. Give manager Rob Douglas a call to book.
If your guy likes to cook then fire up his tastebuds with this beautiful new book called “Savour The Flavour of Stratford” by Richard Bain. Featuring a foreword from distinguished actor Colm Feore and recipes from the Stratford Festival's own executive chef Kendrick Prins, this hard cover recipe book is a must for any foodie who loves to shop and eat local. Bain's tasty read pays homage to Stratford’s culinary cornucopia by providing recipes from a number of establishments and individuals. Bon appetit! Pick it up at Blowes Cards and Gifts ($36.00).
Top 5 Cool Gifts for Guys! Give Elizabeth's Top 5 for guys and tell us your best gift for guys.