- Vincent Michael Stacey - Chef, Pazzo Pizzeria
- Dee Christensen - Owner, The Planet Diner
- Jamie Crosby - Chef De Cuisine, The Prune
- Heather MacArthur - Owner/ Culinary Creative, Grounded
- Jeremy Hayton - Chef, The Mill Stone Restaurant & Bar
- Ryan O'Donnell - Executive Chef Windsor Hospitality, Mercer Kitchen + Beer Hall + Hotel, The Prune, York Street Kitchen, Bar 151
- Trena Hough - Owner, The Pulp Fresh Bar
- Jill Thorpe - Kitchen Manager, York Street Kitchen
- Suzi Svetlana Christensen - Chef/Co-Owner, The Planet Diner
- Meaghan Evely - Saucier, Pazzo Taverna
- Kris Schlotzhauer - Chef/Owner, AO Pasta
- Introducing Stratford's #nextgen Chefs
- Stratford Spring Adventure: Explore the Chocolate, Bacon and Ale Trails
- Live music creates memories and magic. Special experiences are waiting for you.
- Secrets of Stratford Revealed. Press Play to See For Yourself!
- Find yourself in a world of creativity
- Passion for Food and Fun
- Innovation and Boundless Creativity
- Meet Stewart - Top 5 Stratford Series - Zany Gifts
- Meet Elizabeth - Top 5 Stratford Series - Guy Gifts
- Meet Amanda - Top 5 Stratford Series - Local Gifts
- Meet Alex - Top 5 Stratford Series - Host Gifts
- Meet Renee - Top 5 Stratford Series - Vegan
- Meet Erin - Top 5 Stratford Series - Charcuterie
- Meet Pamela - Top 5 Stratford Series - Entertaining
- Meet Mark - Top 5 Stratford Series - Beverages
Trena Hough - Owner, The Pulp Fresh Bar
Posted under Stratford's #nextgen Chefs on Apr 25, 2019
Meet Trena Hough, the Owner of The Pulp Fresh Bar. Trena grew up in Scarborough, Ontario where she was motivated to pursue her culinary career based on what she felt was missing in the Stratford scene. She became a culinary entrepreneur out of necessity. The Pulp Fresh Bar, Trena works alongside her husband James to “create items that are not commonly available in Stratford. My influences must come from elsewhere, mostly my own home kitchen and trends in big cities.” The two dishes Trena is most proud of creating are her vegan Pad Thai and her vegan Mac & Cheese! Check out The Pulp Fresh Bar, 7 days a week, located at 10 Downie St, Stratford. Sun. - Mon. 10am - 4pm | Tues. - Fri. 9am - 6pm | Sat. 10am - 5pm.
- Where did you grow up?
- I grew up in Scarborough, Ontario.
- What or whom inspired you to pursue a culinary career?
- I was mostly inspired by what I didn’t find when my husband and I moved to Stratford five years ago. I feel that I became a culinary entrepreneur out of necessity.
- How has the culinary landscape of Stratford and area influenced your cooking?
- We do our best to create items that are not commonly available in Stratford and to do that my influences must come from elsewhere, mostly my own home kitchen and trends in big cities.
- What dish are you most proud of creating?
- Our vegan Pad Thia or vegan Mac & Cheese! These two dishes are my upmost favourites! Even non-vegans love these dishes.
- What celebrity would you like to dine with and why?
- Dolly Parton. I grew up listening to country music and Dolly was a regular on the radio of my Grandpa’s truck. I would love to hear how Dolly overcame sexual bias and how she persevered to become a household name in a genre that was still male dominated.
TOPICS: #NEXTGEN, NEXTGENCHEFS, CULINARY, STRATFORDCULINARYGUIDE, STRATFORD, FOOD, STRATFORDCHEFSSCHOOL