Wage: $14.00 per hour
Are you an information expert? Do you excel at ensuring the needs and questions of people are taken care of? Are you someone who works hard every day to improve skills and accomplish goals? Exceptional Tourism Information Ambassadors are the crucial front line of Stratford Tourism Alliance and we are hiring an elite team of dedicated individuals to engage with our visitors in an outgoing and enthusiastic manner.
As one of Canada’s favoured travel destinations, Stratford is home to North America’s largest repertory theatre company, has the largest parkland per capita in the country, and offers renowned shopping and culinary excellence.
Information ambassadors will:
- Enthusiastically engage with visitors to promote Stratford and area attractions, events and businesses
- Acquire knowledge of the above on a continual basis
- Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of Stratford and area
- Express enthusiasm while leading tours that require walking and talking for extended periods outdoors
- Take pride in maintaining inventories and ensuring a tidy and engaging welcome centre
- Faithfully collect and input statistical information
- Fluent in Microsoft Office/Internet research/Social Media
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior spelling and grammar
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Exceptional problem solving and organizational skills
- Secondary language(s) are an asset
Location: 47 Downie Street
Term: Part time Position – Sundays 11am-3pm (Sept-May), 10am-6pm (June-Aug)
Please send resume and cover letter to: Shannon Davies, Visitor Experience Team Lead firstname.lastname@example.org.